A generic term for fats
and lipoids, the alcohol-ether-soluble constituents of protoplasm, which are insoluble in water
. They comprise the fats
, fatty oils
, essential oils
, sulfolipids, aminolipids, chromolipids (lipochromes), and fatty acids
. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)
where all lipids are of
Illustration of Lipids
As part of our study of lipids
Overview of Quantitative Lipid
Lipid profile, Lipid raft, Lipid hypothesis, Protein–lipid interaction, Blood lipids, Simple lipid, Lipid metabolism, Amphipathic lipids, Lipid bilayer mechanics, Cisco HDLC
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.