A generic term for fats
and lipoids, the alcohol-ether-soluble constituents of protoplasm, which are insoluble in water
. They comprise the fats
, fatty oils
, essential oils
, sulfolipids, aminolipids, chromolipids (lipochromes), and fatty acids
. (Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed)
Lipid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BIOSYNTH : Knowledge Lipids
Oak Ridge AP Biology / Lipids and Carbohydrates
User:Lmaps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Phosphatidylethanolamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Classification of Lipids ~ Biology Exams 4 U
Lipid profile, Lipid raft, Lipid hypothesis, Protein–lipid interaction, Blood lipids, Simple lipid, Lipid metabolism, Amphipathic lipids, Lipid bilayer mechanics, Cisco HDLC
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.