Elicitation of a rotatory nystagmus by stimulating the semicircular canals
which is above or below body temperature
. In warm caloric stimulation a rotatory nystagmus is developed toward the side of the stimulated ear
; in cold
, away from the stimulated side. Absence of nystagmus indicates the labyrinth is not functioning.
Cold caloric testing and
bithermal caloric test.
Caloric Test Procedure for
Caloric testing for dizziness
Examples of calorics:
his bedside caloric test.
EOG - Caloric testing
Diagnosis and therapies
Horizontal semicircular canal, Caloric theory, Ice Water (album), Ice Water (horse), Ice water, Caloric, Caloric restriction mimetic, Sucralose, Caloric (automobile), Caloric polynomial
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.