Elicitation of a rotatory nystagmus by stimulating the semicircular canals
which is above or below body temperature
. In warm caloric stimulation a rotatory nystagmus is developed toward the side of the stimulated ear
; in cold
, away from the stimulated side. Absence of nystagmus indicates the labyrinth is not functioning.
Cold caloric testing and
bithermal caloric test.
his bedside caloric test.
Information on Caloric Testing
EOG - Caloric testing
Variant caloric tests:
Diagnosis and therapies
Horizontal semicircular canal, Caloric theory, Ice Water (album), Ice Water (horse), Ice water, Caloric, Caloric restriction mimetic, Sucralose, Caloric (automobile), Caloric polynomial
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.