(Liothyronine; T3 Thyroid Hormone)
A T3 thyroid hormone normally synthesized and secreted by the thyroid gland
in much smaller quantities than thyroxine
(T4). Most T3 is derived from peripheral monodeiodination of T4 at the 5' position of the outer ring of the iodothyronine nucleus. The hormone finally delivered and used by the tissues
is mainly T3.
Structure of Tri-iodothyronine
Triiodothyronine, Total (T3)
Triiodothyronine, Reverse triiodothyronine, Polar T3 syndrome, Tiratricol, Triac (car), Quadrac, Jul i Tøyengata, I-Télé, Út?chovice pod Stražišt?m, Egl? Šul?i?t?
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.