Paired bodies containing mostly gray substance and forming part of the lateral wall of the third ventricle
of the brain
. The thalamus
represents the major portion of the diencephalon
and is commonly divided into cellular aggregates known as nuclear groups.
The thalamus surrounds the
thalamus looks like this:
The thalamus has a different
Parts Of The Brain Thalamus
Diagnosis and therapies
Recurrent thalamo-cortical resonance, Anterolateral region of the motor thalamus, Ventral lateral nucleus, Lateral posterior nucleus of thalamus, Medullary laminae of thalamus, Thalamocortical radiations, Thalamus Ltd, Thalamus, Stratum zonale of thalamus, Fusiform
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.