(Fainting; Drop Attack; Presyncope; Syncope, Postural)
A transient loss of consciousness
and postural tone caused by diminished blood
flow to the brain (i.e., brain ischemia
). Presyncope refers to the sensation
of lightheadedness and loss of strength that precedes a syncopal event or accompanies an incomplete syncope
. (From Adams et al., Principles of neurology
, 6th ed, pp367-9)
Types of Syncope
patient with syncope is to
SYNCOPE (Pearl card)
Strayer Tainter Syncope
Evaluation of Syncope or Loss
Diagnosis and therapies
Laughter-induced syncope, Syncope (medicine), San Francisco Syncope Rule, Micturition syncope, Syncope, Stretch syncope, Syncope (album), Syncope (phonetics), Syncope carvalhoi, Syncope tridactyla
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "Syncope" or enter the forum