The number of units (persons
, specified circumstances, etc.) in a population
to be studied. The sample size
should be big enough to have a high likelihood of detecting a true difference between two groups. (From Wassertheil-Smoller, Biostatistics and epidemiology
, 1990, p95)
a larger sample size is
Sample Size Formula
sample size calculator
calculate the sample size
power versus sample size
as sample size increased
Sample Size and Power
Diagnosis and therapies
Sample size determination, Pilot experiment, Regression analysis, Insensitivity to sample size, PASS Sample Size Software, Student's t-test, Fisher's exact test, Livyatan melvillei, Cretolamna, Tenorite
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.