Rem Sleep Behavior Disorder
(Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behavior Disorder)
A disorder characterized by episodes of vigorous and often violent motor activity
during REM sleep (sleep, rem
). The affected individual may inflict self injury or harm others, and is difficult to awaken from this condition. Episodes are usually followed by a vivid recollection of a dream that is consistent with the aggressive behavior
. This condition primarily affects adult
males. (From Adams et al., Principles of neurology
, 6th ed, p393)
rapid eye movement sleep
REM-Sleep Behavior Disorder
REM sleep behaviour disorder.
REM Sleep-Behavior Disorder
REM sleep behavior disorder
REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
and REM sleep behavior
REM sleep behaviour
Diagnosis and therapies
Rapid eye movement behavior disorder, Parasomnia, Scott & White Sleep Disorders Center, Graz tube weaning model, Weimaraner, RBD: La Familia, RBD (disambiguation), Rem Viakhirev, ?rem, Marianowo, ?rem County
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.