Partial thromboplastin time
(Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time; Cephalin-Kaolin Coagulation Time; Kaolin-Cephalin Coagulation Time; Thromboplastin Time, Partial)
required for the appearance of FIBRIN strands following the mixing of plasma
with phospholipid platelet substitute (e.g., crude cephalins, soybean phosphatides). It is a test of the intrinsic pathway (factors VIII, IX, XI, and XII) and the common pathway (fibrinogen
, factors V and X) of blood coagulation
. It is used as a screening test and to monitor heparin
The APTT is the time taken for
Partial Thromboplastin Time
for partial thromboplastin
Diagnosis and therapies
Partial thromboplastin time, Mixing study, Primary fibrinogenolysis, Thromboplastin, Function-spacer-lipid construct, FSL, FMRIB Software Library, Kodevirion, Heparin necrosis, Fort Myers Miracle
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.