Generic term for diseases caused by an abnormal metabolic process. It can be congenital due to inherited enzyme abnormality (metabolism, inborn errors
) or acquired due to disease
of an endocrine organ or failure of a metabolically important organ such as the liver
. (Stedman, 26th ed)
Metabolic Disorders are
People with the metabolic
and metabolic disorders
Metabolic Diseases treatments
MEDICINE Metabolic Disease
in a metabolic disorder
in metabolic diseases
Diagnosis and therapies
ICD-10 Chapter IV: Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases, List of ICD-9 codes 240–279: endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases, and immunity disorders, Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease, Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Information Service, Molecular Genetics and Metabolism, Bangladesh Institute of Research and Rehabilitation for Diabetes, Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders, Inborn error of metabolism, Adrenocortical hyperfunction, Hyperlysinuria, Thymic hypoplasia
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "Metabolic Diseases" or enter the forum