A progressive, malignant disease
of the blood
-forming organs, characterized by distorted proliferation and development of leukocytes
and their precursors in the blood
and bone marrow
. It is classified according to degree of cell differentiation
as acute or chronic, and according to predominant type of cell involved as myelogenous or lymphocytic. (Dorland, 28th ed)
File:Symptoms of leukemia.png
Leukemia Orange Ribbon
Leukemia is not an inherited
Acute leukemia is curable one.
AML Acute leukemia quiz
Diagnosis and therapies
Childhood leukemia, Acute leukemia, Chronic leukemia, Acute biphenotypic leukaemia, Precursor B-lymphoblastic leukemia, Rich Cronin Hope Foundation for Leukemia, Antileukemic drug, Hematological malignancy, C10orf26, Anllóns
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "leukemia" or enter the forum