(AIDS Virus; HTLV-III; Human Immunodeficiency Viruses; Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus Type III; Human T-Lymphotropic Virus Type III; LAV-HTLV-III; Lymphadenopathy-Associated Virus)
Human immunodeficiency virus. A non-taxonomic and historical term referring to any of two species, specifically hiv-1
. Prior to 1986, this was called human T-lymphotropic virus type III/lymphadenopathy-associated virus (HTLV-III/LAV). From 1986-1990, it was an official species called HIV. Since 1991, HIV was no longer considered an official species name; the two species were designated hiv-1
Map 3-07 HIV prevalence in
What Is HIV?
Lifecycle of HIV virus
On 'curing' HIV: Read the fine
si-HIV.jpg. Fewer infections.
Diagnosis of HIV Infection,
File:Symptoms of acute HIV
Diagnosis and therapies
Misconceptions about HIV/AIDS, Misconceptions about HIV and AIDS, Acute HIV infection, Swedish Workplace HIV/AIDS Programme, AIDS Research Alliance, WHO Disease Staging System for HIV Infection and Disease in Adults and Adolescents, HIV/AIDS in Zambia, HIV/AIDS Bureau, HIV Prevention Act of 1997, Ryan White Care Act
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.