(Acute Autoimmune Neuropathy; Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy; Acute Inflammatory Polyneuropathy; AIDP; Landry-Guillain-Barre Syndrome; Polyradiculoneuropathy, Acute Inflammatory)
An acute inflammatory autoimmune neuritis
caused by T cell- mediated cellular immune response directed towards peripheral myelin. Demyelination occurs in peripheral nerves
and nerve roots. The process is often preceded by a viral or bacterial infection
, or exposure to toxins. Common clinical manifestations include progressive weakness, loss of sensation
, and loss of deep tendon reflexes. Weakness of respiratory muscles
and autonomic dysfunction may occur. (From Adams et al., Principles of neurology
, 6th ed, pp1312-1314)
Guillain-Barre syndrome is a
Guillain Barre Syndrome
Guillain-Barre' • Neurology
AIDP (Guillain-Barre Syndrome)
Diagnosis and therapies
Acute motor axonal neuropathy, Progressive inflammatory neuropathy, Lucky Oceans, Tora Aman, Barre Opera House, Sri Aman District, Aman, Aman, Raymond Barre, Barre chord, Barre Adan Shire Hiiraale
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Guillain-Barre Syndrome"
- Recieved a flu shot int oct of 2005 3wks later was fine on a saturday felt like i had the flu on sunday by monday morning i could not walk, talk my husband took to the hospital they sent me home then i stopped breathing was in the hospital for about 3month... (+)