Specific sequences of nucleotides
along a molecule of dna
(or, in the case of some viruses
) which represent functional units of heredity
. Most eukaryotic genes
contain a set of coding regions (exons
) that are spliced together in the transcript, after removal of intervening sequence (introns
) and are therefore labeled split genes
A gene can be defined as
What are Genes?
Knowing which genes are
Genes are made up of DNA.
The genes are also implicated
Genes are heritable units,
Diagnosis and therapies
Nuclease protection assay, Arch of Augustus, Shvetsov ASh-82, Shvetsov ASh-2, Shvetsov ASh-21, ASh-12.7, Theo ten Caat, BTBD9, DHDPSL, EHHADH
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.