A congenital abnormality of the central nervous system
marked by failure of the midline structures of the cerebellum
to develop, dilation of the fourth ventricle
, and upward displacement of the transverse sinuses, tentorium, and torcula. Clinical features include occipital bossing, progressive head
enlargement, bulging of anterior fontanelle, papilledema
disturbances, nystagmus, and intellectual compromise. (From Menkes, Textbook of child neurology
, 5th ed, pp294-5)
Dandy Kids Documentary
Dandy Walker Syndrome
Diagnosis and therapies
Marden–Walker syndrome, Roof of fourth ventricle, Fastigium of fourth ventriclePseudomeningocele, Cutaneous meningioma, Spina bifida, Dermoid sinus, Currarino syndrome, Plexopathy, Adcon-L,
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Dandy-Walker Syndrome"
- My grandchild is 4 yrs with Dandy-Walker variant. He has developed severe aplastic anemia and not responding to drug therapies. He does not have a marrow match. Anyone else experience aplastic anemia in these children? (+)
- I was 18 weeks at an ultra sound when the nurse noticed too much fluid and they thought it was down syndrome. I was advised something was wrong and had to have an test done. After the the doctor took my and my boyfriend in his office and explained he thoug... (+)