A sudden, audible expulsion of air
from the lungs through a partially closed glottis
, preceded by inhalation
. It is a protective response that serves to clear the trachea
, and/or lungs of irritants
and secretions, or to prevent aspiration of foreign materials into the lungs.
cough A cough is a sudden and
Whooping cough epidemic hits
A young boy coughing due to
for the hacking cough that
When a cough comes upon you,
with a chronic cough due
Diagnosis and therapies
Whoops Baghdad, Whoop Dee Doo (variety show), Whoop Dee Doo, Whoops, Whoops! I'm a Cowboy, Whoops! There Goes the Neighbourhood, Indian War Whoop, Whoops (film), Can of whoop ass, Whoops Apocalypse (film)
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "cough" or enter the forum