(Lens Opacities; Cataract, Membranous; Pseudoaphakia)
Partial or complete opacity on or in the lens or capsule of one or both eyes, impairing vision
or causing blindness
. The many kinds of cataract
are classified by their morphology (size, shape, location) or etiology (cause and time
of occurrence). (Dorland, 27th ed)
As viewed by a cataract person
A cataract can occur in either
File:Cataract in human eye.png
to a congenital cataract.
When severity of cataract
Diagnosis and therapies
Congenital cataract, Cataract (beam engine), Himalayan Cataract Project, Femtosecond laser for cataract surgery, Cataract (disambiguation), Opalescence, Africa Cataract Project, Cataract Lake Loop Trail, Cataract Gorge, Cataract (band)
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Cataract"
- I had cataract surgery around 3 years ago. I complained from day one that something wasnt right. My vision had alot of glaring. At first it fogged up alot but would clear up right away within an hour. Now A week ago my eye fogged up suddenly 3 years af... (+)
- I had my Caterec surgery done 6 years ago and Doctor planted the lens in my eyes.Now I requested my Doctor to put a Lens so I do not have to wear Long sight glasses.
But some thing went wrong,I still need long and short distance Glasses.My Brother had this... (+)
- In 2001 I had cataract surgery on my right eye. I had what is known as subcapsular posterior cataracts. I had my left eye done in 2005. In 2006 I had my right eye lasered for the secondary cataract. I was told I would see a white floater for awhile the... (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Cataract" or enter the forum