The presence of viable bacteria
circulating in the blood
, and tachypnea are common acute manifestations of bacteremia
. The majority of cases are seen in already hospitalized patients
, most of whom have underlying diseases or procedures which render their bloodstreams susceptible to invasion.
Patients in whom bacteremia
Categories of bacteremia.
Bacteremia incidence in
Diagnosis and therapies
Bacteremia, Positive predictive value, Durham University AstroSoc, Durham Services, Durham/Northumberland 1, Durham Abbey, Durham rule, Blood culture, Oakenshaw, County Durham, Oxhill, County Durham
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "Bacteremia" or enter the forum