Decrease in the size of a cell, tissue, organ, or multiple organs, associated with a variety of pathological conditions such as abnormal cellular changes, ischemia
, or hormonal changes.
Image for atrophy
muscular atrophy than are
neurogenic atrophy is one
muscle atrophy, gadd45a
renal cortical atrophy
Atrophy - first dorsal
Diagnosis and therapies
Posterior cortical atrophy, Finnish Lapphund, Frontotemporal lobar degeneration, Swedish Lapphund, Atrophy, Elemental diet, Muscle atrophy, Brown atrophy of the heart, Weeden Island culture, Atrophy (band)
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Atrophy"
- i recently sufferd a blunt trauma in my right eye and doctors say that i have foveal atrophy in my eye which means that my macula or fovea is not of usual thickness as it was supposed to be.This is a cause for why i see distorted image and cant even read.D... (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Atrophy" or enter the forum