Acute or chronic inflammation
of the arachnoid membrane of the meninges
most often involving the spinal cord
or base of the brain
. This term generally refers to a persistent inflammatory process characterized by thickening of the ARACHNOID membrane and dural adhesions
. Associated conditions include prior surgery
, infections, trauma, subarachnoid hemorrhage
, and chemical irritation. Clinical features vary with the site of inflammation
, but include cranial neuropathies, radiculopathies, and myelopathies. (From Joynt, Clinical neurology
, 1997, Ch48, p25)
Spinal Arachnoiditis Treatment
Arachnoiditis Ossificans is a
and Arachnoiditis Risks
Arachnoiditis: Area of Red Dot
Friends - Arachnoiditis
Diagnosis and therapies
Failed back syndrome, Arachnoiditis, Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva, Syringomyelia, Harry Raymond Eastlack, International FOP Association, Horaga syrinx, Syrinx (Debussy), Arachnoid, Arachnoid (astrogeology)
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "Arachnoiditis" or enter the forum