A malignant kidney
tumor, caused by the uncontrolled multiplication of renal stem (blastemal), stromal (stromal cells
), and epithelial (epithelial cells
. However, not all three are present in every case. Several genes
or chromosomal areas have been associated with wilms tumor
which is usually found in childhood as a firm lump in a child
's side or abdomen
discharge · Wilms tumor
Wilms Tumor and Other
Wilms tumor is a cancerous
Anaplastic Wilms Tumor:
Wilms Tumor Anatomy
Wilms tumor - Humpath.com
Diagnosis and therapies
National Wilms Tumor Study Group, Hemihypertrophy, Jochen M. Wilms, Johann Wilhelm Wilms, Dominique Wilms, Max Wilms, Wilms, Friedrich Wilms, Eva Wilms, Robert Friedrich Wilms
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Wilms Tumor"
- Be encourged! I will be 50 in August. I had a wilm's tumor at 3 months old that included the removal of my right kidney and chemo/radiation therapy for 5 years! Medical technology is much better now. My son will be 26 in August as well. My son was born 5 w... (+)
- My daughter was daignosed with Stage 3 Wilms tumor in Nov. 2008. She had chemo and radiaton and stayed clean until February 2010. She then went through the "ICE" salvage treatment and radiation. She is now cancer free for 1 year in Dec. 2011. My ... (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Wilms Tumor" or enter the forum