A condition characterized by the dilated tortuous veins
of the spermatic cord
with a marked left-sided predominance. Adverse effect on male fertility
occurs when varicocele
leads to an increased scrotal (and testicular) temperature
and reduced testicular volume.
illustration of varicocele
Varicocele In Testicles
What is a Varicocele?
In this type of varicocele
Diagnosis and therapies
Varicocele, Deep inguinal ring, Pampiniform venous plexus, Crura of superficial inguinal ring, Inguinal rings, Testicular vein, ELV, Intercrural fibres of superficial inguinal ring, Testicular artery, ISV
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Varicocele"
- Since varicocele is an enlarged vein, would'nt that mean a bigger penis due to more blood flow? (+)
- my husband had the surgery last year starting to 1.2M because were trying to concieve but after a year of operation sperm count was done and it goes down to 400,000 we tried to ask for a 2nd opinion and after a month of the last test it goes 0-3 already...... (+)
i masturbated after 8 days of micro surgical varicocelectomy (1 day after after doctor removed stitches), i had no pain and i was good, can this(masturbation) causes problems such as varicocele recurrent or damage?
i masturbated slowly and had no pain f... (+)
- how long after varicocele surgery can i have sex or any kind of sexual activity? and what happen if i have sex early? (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Varicocele" or enter the forum