Ulnar Nerve Compression Syndromes
caused by mechanical compression of the nerve at any location from its origin at the brachial plexus
to its terminations in the hand
. Common sites of compression include the retroepicondylar groove, cubital tunnel at the elbow
(cubital tunnel syndrome
), and Guyon's canal at the wrist
. Clinical features depend on the site of injury, but may include weakness or paralysis
flexion, finger flexion, and ulnar innervated intrinsic hand muscles
, and impaired sensation
over the ulnar aspect of the hand
, fifth finger, and ulnar half of the ring finger. (Joynt, Clinical neurology
, 1995, Ch51, p43)
Ulnar nerve entrapment
Often, the nerve entrapment
The ulnar nerve is one of
Neuropathy Of Ulnar Nerve
Guyon's canal syndrome is an
by the ulnar nerve.
Cubital Tunnel Syndrome is a
At the funny bone the nerve is
Diagnosis and therapies
Guyon's canal syndrome, Ulnar nerve entrapment, Ulnar neuropathy, Pudendal nerve entrapment, Nerve compression syndrome, Superficial branch of ulnar nerve, Palmar branch of ulnar nerve, Deep branch of ulnar nerve, Mindguard, Paradox of the plankton
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Ulnar Nerve Compression Syndromes"
- hey all,
just had surgery weeks ago, arm is in half cast, i fell on my hand landed on some glass,had bout 13 stitches on left hand, sliced the ulnar nerve on the palm of my hand, it was fine the first few days , now it burns n stings n i get twinges of pa... (+)
- i m facing ulnar nerve problem from 8 yrs, how much possibilities to recover it after surgery, pl help me. (+)
- Hello, my daughter has just been diagnosed with ulnar nerve entrapment in her right arm/hand. Now recently her left hand is showing symptoms. I was wondering if you are familiar with the benefits of magnesium oil? I've heard that it can be rubbed on th... (+)
- I fell and bruised my arm severely three weeks ago right above my elbow on the inside. It was swollen and had a major blood build up for a week and a half before returning to its normal state. Three days ago I woke up with my arm bent and my fingers were n... (+)