(Tic Disorder, Chronic Motor or Vocal; Tic Disorder, Transient; Post-Traumatic Tic Disorder; Tic Disorder, Post-Traumatic; Tic Disorders, Vocal; Vocal Tic Disorders)
Disorders characterized by recurrent tics
that may interfere with speech
and other activities. tics
are sudden, rapid, nonrhythmic, stereotyped motor movements or vocalizations which may be exacerbated by stress
and are generally attenuated during absorbing activities. tic disorders
are distinguished from conditions which feature other types of abnormal movements that may accompany general medical conditions. (From DSM-IV, 1994)
Chronic motor tic disorder
Tic disorders cause rapid,
Tourettes Disorder began
and Tic Disorders Program
Disorder to tic disorders
tic disorders encompasses
Diagnosis and therapies
Tic disorder, Treatment of Tourette syndrome, Tic, Susan Swedo, Mental disorders diagnosed in childhood, Habit reversal training, Tic Tac, Tic Tac Totally, Tic Toc (song), Sensory phenomena
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "Tic Disorders" or enter the forum