(Headache, Tension; Psychogenic Headache; Stress Headache; Tension-Vascular Headache)
A common primary headache disorder, characterized by a dull, non-pulsatile, diffuse, band-like (or vice-like) pain
of mild to moderate intensity in the HEAD; scalp
; or neck
. The subtypes are classified by frequency and severity of symptoms. There is no clear cause even though it has been associated with muscle contraction
. (International classification
of headache disorders
, 2nd ed. Cephalalgia 2004: suppl 1)
ETTH = episodic tension-type
and tension-type headaches
Tension Type Headaches ~ A non
Diagnosis and therapies
German Acupuncture Trials, International Classification of Headache Disorders, Arcing horns, Tension headache, Headache, Medication overuse headache, Equagesic, NIH classification of headaches, A Headache Tomorrow (Or a Heartache Tonight), Alois Etthöfer
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Tension-Type Headache"
- Hello ,thanks for all the great information you have shared! (+)