(Arthritis, Rheumatic, Acute; Rheumatism, Articular, Acute)
A febrile disease
occurring as a delayed sequela of infections with group A hemolytic streptococci and characterized by multiple focal inflammatory lesions of the connective tissue
structures, especially of the heart
, blood vessels
, and joints
(polyarthritis), and by the presence of Aschoff bodies in the myocardium
. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Rheumatic Fever Comic inside
Rheumatic fever is an
Rheumatic Fever (RF)
of rheumatic fever.
of rheumatic fever resolve
rheumatic fever )
Diagnosis and therapies
List of people from Salt Lake City, Utah, List of people from Salt Lake City, ICD-10 Chapter IX: Diseases of the circulatory system, List of ICD-9 codes 390–459: diseases of the circulatory system, Main Street (Greater Salt Lake City), Salt Lake City in film, Buildings and sites of Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City Public Library, Group A streptococcal infection, Carey Coombs murmur
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "rheumatic fever"
- I'm 18, I have rheumatic fever, and I've been off and on the shots but now I just haven't been taking them at all (penicillin). And I've been feeling some chest pain and when i feel chest pain it runs through my left shoulder as well, even when I move/chan... (+)
- I have had two open heart surgeries for replacement of my aortic valve, along with an aortic roo anyuerism. I have been asked if I had rhuematic fever. Growing up, my brother and I had strep throat many times and growing up poor, we did not always go to ... (+)
Leave a message or picture about "rheumatic fever" or enter the forum