(Marasmus; Protein-Calorie Malnutrition)
The lack of sufficient energy or protein to meet the body's metabolic demands, as a result of either an inadequate dietary intake of protein, intake of poor quality dietary protein, increased demands due to disease
, or increased nutrient losses.
Protein Energy Malnutrition
low protein and calorific
may induce protein-energy
Entity page for protein-energy
protein deficiency causes
Diagnosis and therapies
Protein-energy malnutrition, Discrete optimized protein energy, Epidemiology of malnutrition, Geriatric rehabilitation, Malnutrition-inflammation complex, Kaolack Region, Diourbel Region, Nioro du Rip Department, Kaolack Department, Roman Catholic Diocese of Kaolack
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.