in the pelvic region of genital and non-genital origin and of organic or psychogenic etiology. Frequent causes of pain
are distension or contraction of hollow viscera
, rapid stretching of the capsule of a solid organ, chemical irritation, tissue ischemia
, and neuritis
secondary to inflammatory, neoplastic, or fibrotic processes in adjacent organs. (Kase, Weingold & Gershenson: Principles and Practice of Clinical gynecology
, 2d ed, pp479-508)
Female Pelvic Pain
Pain may occur when these
Pelvic pain can range from
Pelvic pain can be caused by
Pain in any part of the body
Chronic Pelvic Pain
Chronic Pelvic Pain In Women
Diagnosis and therapies
Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome, Pelvic congestion syndrome, Pelvic girdle pain, Pelvic myoneuropathy, Pelvic pain, Girdle pain, Triradiate pelvic girdle, Endometriosis, CPPS, Protoavis
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Pelvic Pain"
- I am 31 weeks pregnant and when I woke up in the morning to drink water and went back to bed, I was about to lay on my side, but couldn't close my legs because I had huge uncomfortable pain in my pelvic area. its hard to shut my legs and I'm scared it coul... (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Pelvic Pain" or enter the forum