(Bone Loss, Perimenopausal; Bone Loss, Postmenopausal; Perimenopausal Bone Loss; Postmenopausal Bone Loss; Postmenopausal Osteoporosis)
Metabolic disorder associated with fractures of the femoral neck
, vertebrae, and distal forearm
. It occurs commonly in women
within 15-20 years after menopause
, and is caused by factors associated with menopause
including estrogen deficiency.
occur in post menopausal
In postmenopausal women, it is
What osteoporosis looks like
Diagnosis and therapies
World Osteoporosis Day, Senile osteoporosis, National Osteoporosis Society, Progress in Osteoporosis, Juvenile osteoporosis, Strontium ranelate, Osteoporosis International, International Osteoporosis Foundation, Salcatonin, Levormeloxifene
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.