A moderately firm, benign, encapsulated tumor resulting from proliferation of schwann cells
that includes portions of nerve fibers
. The tumors usually develop along peripheral or cranial nerves
and are a central feature of neurofibromatosis 1
, where they may occur intracranially or involve spinal roots. Pathologic features include fusiform enlargement of the involved nerve. Microscopic examination reveals a disorganized and loose cellular pattern with elongated nuclei intermixed with fibrous strands. (From Adams et al., Principles of neurology
, 6th ed, p1016)
of cutaneous neurofibroma
Subtypes of Neurofibroma [edit
Neurofibroma of urinary
Histology: neurofibroma, high
a cutaneous neurofibroma
Neurofibroma is a tumor or
Diagnosis and therapies
Solitary neurofibroma, Neurofibroma, Imatinib, Friedrich Daniel von Recklinghausen, Heinrich von Recklinghausen, Hanna van Recklinghausen, Perineurium, Recklinghausen Central Station, Recklinghausen Hauptbahnhof, Lembeck (NRW)
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Neurofibroma"
- Hi ,
I am Vinay from India.
I am having neurofibroma hairy naevus(Right hand) from birth & has been grafted from wrist to elbow . But still i am having opposite of my palm which has become sweeling after the two surgeries.
Please may i know can be ... (+)
- Hi,im maria....i want to know that neurofibromatosis is a dangerous or life threatning disease?should i will b able to spent normal life ot not? (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Neurofibroma" or enter the forum