(Brassica juncea; Mustard)
Any of several brassica
species that are commonly called mustard. brassica
alba is white mustard, B. juncea is brown or Chinese mustard, and B. nigra is black, brown, or red mustard. The plant is grown both for mustard seed from which oil is extracted and for greens or animal feed
. It was formerly used as an emetic, counter-irritant, and carminative. There is no relationship to mustard compounds
Mustard plants grow in loose,
File:Mustard plant bangladesh.
Parable of the Mustard Seed
about the mustard plant.
Guillenia flavescens, Guillenia lasiophylla, Guillenia, Leavenworthia stylosa, Chondrilla juncea, Machaeranthera juncea, Strelitzia juncea, Psathyrostachys juncea, Ethephon, Alba, Aragon
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.