of the coverings of the brain
and/or spinal cord
, which consist of the pia mater
; ARACHNOID; and dura mater
. Infections (viral, bacterial, and fungal) are the most common causes of this condition, but subarachnoid hemorrhage
(HEMORRHAGES, SUBARACHNOID), chemical irritation (chemical meningitis
), granulomatous conditions, neoplastic conditions (e.g., carcinomatous meningitis
), and other inflammatory conditions may produce this syndrome
. (From Joynt, Clinical neurology
, 1994, Ch24, p6)
rare fungal meningitis in
Meningitis - Physiopedia
Viral meningitis tends to be
Viral meningitis: Viral
Be aware of Meningitis
Aspergillus meningitis, the
Diagnosis and therapies
Neoplastic meningitis, Meningitis, Neonatal meningitis, Multifocal fibrosclerosis, African meningitis belt, Meningitis UK, Meningitis Trust, Drug delivery to the brain, Drug-induced aseptic meningitis, Aseptic meningitis
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Meningitis"
- Continuation 2-------
The mitral valve is intrinsically normal, and its opening is unrestricted. The left ventricle is mildly hypertrophied. The interventricular septum measures 12 mm, and the posterior wall measure 10 mm. The ejection fraction is well-mai... (+)
- hi i had bacterial meningitis when i was a baby i have no sign affects but was wondering if it was affect my chances of having children we have been trying for about 8 months (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Meningitis" or enter the forum