(Liposarcoma, Dedifferentiated; Liposarcoma, Pleomorphic)
A malignant tumor derived from primitive or embryonal lipoblastic cells
. It may be composed of well-differentiated fat cells
or may be dedifferentiated: myxoid (liposarcoma, myxoid
), round-celled, or pleomorphic, usually in association
with a rich network of capillaries
. Recurrences are common and dedifferentiated liposarcomas metastasize to the lungs or serosal surfaces. (From Dorland, 27th ed; Stedman, 25th ed)
Myxoid liposarcoma (06).JPG
to be a liposarcoma.
File:Myxoid liposarcoma (05).
Liposarcoma is one of the many
Myxoid liposarcoma (01).jpg
Liposarcoma of Paratesticular
liposarcoma - high mag.jpg
File:Myxoid liposarcoma (04)
Diagnosis and therapies
Myxoid liposarcoma, Liposarcoma, Lipoblast, Myxoid lipoblastoma, Benign lipoblastomatosis, Lipoblastomatosis, Occupational segregation, Malignant fibrous cytoma, Lipoblastoma, Pleomorphic lipoma
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Liposarcoma"
- I have a lump in my left thigh that I just noticed about 3 weeks ago. It feels the same as my thigh muscle - not bone hard or squishy soft. It does not hurt and does not move around. It feels like it is just my thigh muscle bulging upward in a dome shape... (+)
- While doing an ultra sound of my ovaries last year, a small 2.5 cm lump was discovered. The doc kept putting off biopsy as he felt I had other issues more pertinent. Finally, I am going in for surgery next week to remove the "lipoma". I had a ... (+)
- I am a 43 year old mother of 3 who just found a lump on my outside upper left arm. The lump is about 7.5cm in diameter and is sort of movable and feels dough like. I saw my primary and they told me to see a surgeon for imaging tests and/or a biopsy.
I h... (+)
- My mother had a recurrence of a liposarcoma which was removed from the abdomen only one month ago. The one before was located near the kidneys. The one found this time (approximately 1x4 cm) is near the abdominal wall.
The doctor told us that it is not f... (+)
- my boyfriend recently passed from lipsarcoma. He had this for 15 years. It had started in the back (which was operable) and then a mass appeared in the lung (again operable 5 years later) then it was in the intestines creating a blockage. It was remove... (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Liposarcoma" or enter the forum