(alpha-Interferon; Interferon alfa; Interferon, Leukocyte; Interferon, Lymphoblast)
One of the type I interferons
(interferon type i
) produced by peripheral blood leukocytes
or lymphoblastoid cells
when exposed to live or inactivated virus, double-stranded rna
, or bacterial products. It is the major interferon produced by virus-induced leukocyte cultures and, in addition to its pronounced antiviral activity, it causes activation of NK cells
of human interferon-alpha
Type I interferon (IFN- alpha
interferon alpha and
Interferon Alpha (Interferon
SignalingPathway : Interferon-
Interferon-alpha/beta receptor, IFNAR1, IFNAR2, IFNA13, Interferon alfa, Ipcs, IFNA2, IFNA10, IFNA14, IFNA17
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "interferon-alpha" or enter the forum