Infarction, Middle Cerebral Artery
(Cerebral Infarction, Middle Cerebral Artery; Embolic Infarction, Middle Cerebral Artery; Middle Cerebral Artery Embolus; Middle Cerebral Artery Infarction; Stroke, Middle Cerebral Artery; Thrombotic Infarction, Middle Cerebral Artery)
The formation of an area of coagulation necrosis
in the vascular distribution of the middle cerebral artery
secondary to ischemia
. Clinical features include contralateral weakness and loss of sensation
in the arm
and a contralateral homonymous hemianopsia
. Dominant hemisphere lesions may produce aphasia
, alexia, agraphia
, acalculia, finger agnosia
, and right-left confusion
. Nondominant hemisphere lesions may produce unilateral neglect, dressing APRAXIA, anosognosia, and constructional apraxia. (From Adams et al., Principles of neurology
, 6th ed, p786)
middle cerebral artery
The middle cerebral artery is
Anterior Cerebral Artery
the middle cerebral artery
MIDDLE CEREBRAL ARTERY INFARCT
Middle cerebral artery
Middle Cerebral Artery
a middle cerebral artery
Diagnosis and therapies
Middle cerebral artery, Dense artery sign, MCAS, Mattel v. MCA Records, Yar?mca, Yüre?ir, One More Time: The MCA Recordings, Yar?mca, Elaz??, Yar?mca, Emirda?, Yar?mca, Khizi, Yar?mca, Nakhchivan
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.