The production of a dense fibrous network of neuroglia
; includes astrocytosis, which is a proliferation of astrocytes
in the area of a degenerative lesion.
Reactive gliosis: gemistocytes
Reactive gliosis: gemistocytic
Reactive gliosis: stellate
cuffs and gliosis
Diagnosis and therapies
Astrogliosis, Gliosis, Bergmann gliosis, Glial scar, GFAP stain, Wobbler, Gemistocyte, William Wobbler, Müller, Édouard Muller
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Gliosis"
- MRI of brain w/wo contrast: Findings: The gray matter/white matter differential appears well maintained. Scattered areas of high signal in subcortical and periventricular deep white matter, on T2 weighted images, indicating nonspecific gliosis, due to smal... (+)
- Hello, I desperately need help understanding what the results of my MRI below mean.
I have 1 year ago a emergency brain surgery, then one mo after it I started experiencing weird symptoms, swelling of the legs, edema bad I had trouble walking,
when the did... (+)
- My brain mri showed the following. What does this mean and could it mean early Alzheimers?
Small nonspecific foci of abnormal T2 prolongation/FLAIR hyperintensity within the cerrebral white matter. These are nonspecific likely reflect small areas of glios... (+)
- My mother 51 yrs of age has suffered with migraines and dizziness all her life, she had on a previous MRI (pituitary micro-adenoma) not seen now???, Guillan Barre Syndrom, Transverse Myelitis, siezures and she is diabetic, please explain this MRI??
Left i... (+)
- My MRI states I have small focus of nonenhancing signal alteration invloving the left cerebral peduncle.This may be due to Gliosis.
What does this mean and should I follow up with any particular specialist?
- I received an MRi report that said "minimal periventricular and central white matter gliotic foci that are of questionable clinical significance considering their paucity and distribution". What does that mean? (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Gliosis" or enter the forum