(Growth Hormone Deficiency Dwarfism; Hypophysial Dwarf; Hyposomatotrophic Dwarfism; Pituitary Dwarf)
A form of dwarfism
caused by complete or partial GROWTH HORMONE deficiency, resulting from either the lack of GROWTH HORMONE-RELEASING FACTOR from the hypothalamus
or from the mutations in the growth hormone gene (GH1) in the pituitary gland
. It is also known as Type I pituitary dwarfism
. Human hypophysial dwarf is caused by a deficiency of human growth hormone
Pituitary Hypoplasia in
an actress with dwarfism.
Pituitary Dwarfism By Emily
Pituitary Dwarfism is a
with pituitary dwarfism is
Pituitary Dwarfism Symptoms
Diagnosis and therapies
Harry Snell, 1st Baron Snell, Snell envelope, Christopher Snell, Andrew Snell, Edward Snell, James Laurie Snell, Roderick Snell, Snell Isle, Growth hormone deficiency, The Snell Show
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "Dwarfism, Pituitary" or enter the forum