A condition produced by dietary or metabolic deficiency. The term includes all diseases caused by an insufficient supply of essential nutrients, i.e., protein (or amino acids
, and minerals
. It also includes an inadequacy of calories. (From Dorland, 27th ed; Stedman, 25th ed)
Deficiency Diseases Charts
Folate-deficiency diseases are
Vitamin C Deficiency: Symptoms
This disease was noted in the
Magnesium Deficiency in
Diagnosis and therapies
Vegetarian nutrition, Physiological plant disorders, Micronutrient, Hematinic, Williamsford, Tasmania, Wellington Land District, Tasmania, International Council Correspondence, International Council of Jewish Parliamentarians, Iodine deficiency, Scouting and Guiding in Tasmania
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "Deficiency Diseases" or enter the forum