A condition produced by dietary or metabolic deficiency. The term includes all diseases caused by an insufficient supply of essential nutrients, i.e., protein (or amino acids
, and minerals
. It also includes an inadequacy of calories. (From Dorland, 27th ed; Stedman, 25th ed)
Folic acid deficiency
This disease was noted in the
also develop the disease.
Vitamin deficiency diseases
deficiency diseases may
Deficiency Diseases History of
Vitamin B deficiency Symptoms
Diagnosis and therapies
Vegetarian nutrition, Physiological plant disorders, Micronutrient, Iodine deficiency, Hematinic, Beulah, Tasmania, Wellington Land District, Tasmania, International Council Correspondence, International Council of Societies of Industrial Design, International Council for the Exploration of the Sea
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "deficiency diseases" or enter the forum