Colony Count, Microbial
(Agar Dilution Count; Bacterial Count; Colony-Forming Units Assay, Microbial; Fungal Count; Pour Plate Count; Spore Count; Spread Plate Count; Streak Plate Count)
Enumeration by direct count of viable, isolated bacterial, archaeal, or fungal cells
capable of growth
on solid culture media
. Each colony (i.e., microbial colony-forming unit) represents the progeny of a single cell in the original inoculum. The method is used routinely by environmental microbiologists for quantifying organisms in air
; and water
; by clinicians for measuring patients
' microbial load; and in antimicrobial drug testing.
Automated Colony Counting
A magnifying colony counter
then you can count the
WTW BZG 30 Colony Counter with
Counting bacterial colonies in
bacterial colony counting
Diagnosis and therapies
Petrifilm, Colony picker, Algebraic enumeration, Plate count agar, Enumerations of specific permutation classes, Manso II of Amalfi, Demerara-Essequibo, Sarkar Colony, Old Colony Cove Site, Colony 7
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.