Atrial Premature Complexes
(Atrial Ectopic Beats; Extrasystole, Atrial; Premature Atrial Beats; Premature Atrial Contractions; Premature Supraventricular Beats)
Premature contractions of the heart
arising from an ectopic atrial focus. With ventricular premature complexes
, they represent one of the most common causes of irregular pulse
. They are more apt to occur if there is atrial or conduction system disease such as left atrial enlargement in mitral stenosis. In community prospective studies
, atrial premature complexes
are not related to sudden death
, as are ventricular premature beats in coronary disease
. (From Stedman, 25th ed; Braunwald, heart
Disease, 4th ed, p679; Sokolow, et al., Clinical cardiology
, 5th ed, p472)
Premature atrial complexes1.
Notice the atrial premature
premature atrial complexes
premature atrial complexes
atrial premature complexes
by premature atrial beats.
There are premature atrial
Diagnosis and therapies
Daqui P'rá Frente, Ectopic beat, Junctional escape beat, Ectopic pacemaker, P-wave modulus, Ampeg SVT, SVT HD, SVT Extra, DRG Class SVT 137, SVT Barnkanalen
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Atrial Premature Complexes"
- VERY FREQUENT AND SYMPTOMATIC PACS
PATIENT ON HIGH DOSES OF SOTALOL 160 mg /day and ISOPTIN 240
IS THERE ANY OTHER RECOMENDATION (+)
On September 23, 2010 he underwent a Holter Monitor with the Del Mar equipment that showed:
1. Sinus rhythm with occasional premature atrial contractions and
premature ventricular contractions
2. Mobitz I block.
3. T... (+)
- Hello. I was recently diagnosed with PAC's. Lately they have been increasing with a definite pattern to them. They're like every 20 then 3 then 3 then 3 then 3. I feel short of breath too & am very tired lately & usually have lots of energy. I cut ... (+)
- My father has been having light-headed spells, near-syncopal spells. He fell four times in the last four months.
He is taking following medications:
Terazosin 2 mg 1 per day
Levothyroxin 112 mcg 1 per day
Diovan 80 m... (+)
- Hello, i have a question? Can you tell me alittle about the printout i received from the ER! It reads, Sinus rhythm with occasional premature ventricular complexes and possible premature atrial complexes with aberrant conduction!!!! The ER doctor said he d... (+)