Disorders of the peripheral nervous system
associated with the deposition of amyloid
in nerve tissue
. Familial, primary (nonfamilial), and secondary forms have been described. Some familial subtypes demonstrate an autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance. Clinical manifestations include sensory loss, mild weakness, autonomic dysfunction, and carpal tunnel syndrome
. (Adams et al., Principles of neurology
, 6th ed, p1349)
Amyloid is present throughout
Amyloid polyneuropathy type I
Axoval neuropathy as
diagnosis of Val30Met transthyretin familial amyloid polyneuropathy
Diagnosis and therapies
Corino Andrade, Familial amyloid neuropathy, Tralee and Dingle Light Railway, Lusitanian flora, Þiðranda þáttr ok Þórhalls, Hróa þáttr heimska, Yamaha TTR225, Auðunar þáttr vestfirzka, Eymundar þáttr hrings, Ívars þáttr Ingimundarsonar
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.