A microscopically inflammatory, usually reversible, patchy hair
loss occurring in sharply defined areas and usually involving the beard or scalp
. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Alopecia areata: This disease
What is Alopecia Areata?
Alopecia Areata Photo
TREATMENT OF ALOPECIA AREATA
Alopecia areata – before
Diagnosis and therapies
National Alopecia Areata Foundation, Alopecia areata, Onychoptosis defluvium, Hair prosthesis, Red lunulae, Spotted lunulae, Alopecia universalis, Triangular alopecia, Pressure alopecia, Central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Alopecia Areata"
- I am 15 years old and i wa sdiagnosed with alopecia areata at the age of 13. i have diabetes, thyroid disease, alopecia, a lazy stomach and a bunch of allergies and they think ima anemic.. i get steriod shots for my alopecia which does leave a dent im my h... (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Alopecia Areata" or enter the forum