A microscopically inflammatory, usually reversible, patchy hair
loss occurring in sharply defined areas and usually involving the beard or scalp
. (Dorland, 27th ed)
What is Alopecia Areata?
Alopecia areata can
Alopecia Areata - Maria
Alopecia Areata is a skin
Alopecia areata (AA) is the
SWIGCHD.com Alopecia Areata is
Diagnosis and therapies
National Alopecia Areata Foundation, Alopecia areata, Onychoptosis defluvium, Hair prosthesis, Red lunulae, Spotted lunulae, Alopecia universalis, Triangular alopecia, Pressure alopecia, Central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "alopecia areata"
- I am 15 years old and i wa sdiagnosed with alopecia areata at the age of 13. i have diabetes, thyroid disease, alopecia, a lazy stomach and a bunch of allergies and they think ima anemic.. i get steriod shots for my alopecia which does leave a dent im my h... (+)
Leave a message or picture about "alopecia areata" or enter the forum