(Salivary Gland Tumor, Mixed; Syringoma, Chondroid; Mixed Salivary Gland Tumor)
A benign, slow-growing tumor, most commonly of the salivary gland, occurring as a small, painless, firm nodule, usually of the parotid gland
, but also found in any major or accessory salivary gland anywhere in the oral cavity. It is most often seen in women
in the fifth decade. Histologically, the tumor presents a variety of cells
: cuboidal, columnar, and squamous cells
, showing all forms of epithelial growth
. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Pleomorphic adenoma consists
Pleomorphic adenoma, parotid
Pleomorphic adenomas are
Pleomorphic adenoma Search in
File:Pleomorphic adenoma (3)
Slide: Pleomorphic adenoma
Diagnosis and therapies
Adrenal adenoma, Sessile serrated adenoma, Tubulovillous adenoma, Villous adenoma, Carcinoma ex-pleomorphic adenoma, Ceruminous adenoma, Papillary eccrine adenoma, Neuroendocrine adenoma middle ear, Adenoma sebaceum, Parathyroid adenoma
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Adenoma, Pleomorphic"
- I just had this surgery on 10/20/11, think things are going well having numbness but as i hear thats to be expected. My dr. also had to dislocate my jaw to remove this tumor so i'm in the process of streaching my jaw back out (painful) but i don't want it ... (+)