(Feer Disease; Pink Disease; Swift Disease)
A condition seen primarily in childhood, most often resulting from chronic exposure to mercury compounds
which may result in encephalopathy and POLYNEUROPATHY. Clinical features include pain
, swelling and pinkish discoloration of the fingers
, weakness in the extremities
, extreme irritability, hyperesthesia
, and alterations in level of consciousness
. (From Menkes, Textbook of child neurology
, 5th ed, p603)
acrodynia [² + odyne,
Acrodynia (Swift's disease/
Child with Acrodynia, a form
acrodynia – Dictionary
as Infantile Acrodynia,
Diagnosis and therapies
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Leave a message or picture about "Acrodynia" or enter the forum