A small circumscribed mass in the thyroid gland
that can be of neoplastic growth
or non-neoplastic abnormality. It lacks a well-defined capsule or glandular architecture
. Thyroid nodules are often benign but can be malignant. The growth
of nodules can lead
to a multinodular goiter (goiter, nodular
Human thyroid with cancer nodules
Thyroid Nodule - US
a Right Thyroid Nodule
OF THE THYROID NODULE
Hot nodules are rarely
Thyroid nodule is abnormal
Benign thyroid nodule
Thyroid Nodules Pictures
Diagnosis and therapies
Thyroid nodule, Laser ablation of thyroid nodules, Nodule (geology), Milker's nodule, Pseudoverrucous papules and nodules, Bohn's nodules, Nodule (medicine), Henry Turner (endocrinologist), Simon focus, Fine-needle aspiration
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Thyroid Nodule"
- I have had 3 US . latest US shows 3 nodules are hypoechoic & they are vascular . largest is 10mm . Also enlarged lymph nodes . should they be biopsied ? (+)
- I'm 24 y/o female, diagnosed with Hashimoto's at age 6. My paternal grandmother had Graves, and my father has it as well. I have been on synthroid since diagnosis. Recently, my goiter was feeling large, making it difficult to breathe and swallow. My PCP up... (+)
- I have been diagnosed with a Hypo echoic nodule 6.6 mm in my right upper lobe. I have had hypothyroid symptoms but blood work is normal. I am hoarse and a fullness feeling in my throat, and I easily become short of breath. I am scared and have been waiting... (+)
- During a MRI study, they found a soft tissue mass extending inferiorly from the thyroid gland into the mediastinum. The mass was 2.1 by 1.8. Can someone please explain to me what that means. I do need help with this. (+)
- Dear Sir,
There are two small hypoechoic nodule one in the left lobe and one in right lobe in my neck. TSH result is normal. Anything to get worry? (+)
- help....i am really scared...i just had a baby 6 weeks ago, and had some complications after delivery..a ct scan and ultrasound was done and a multinodular goiter was discovered...one of nodules is over 5cm....i managed to see an endo doc very quickly due ... (+)
- I"ve had a thryoid nodule on my left thyroid for years. Its growing but really not causing issues. I had an ultrasound and they discovered a new one on my right side now. Plus they left side one is still growing. What does this mean? surgery? (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Thyroid Nodule" or enter the forum