A small circumscribed mass in the thyroid gland
that can be of neoplastic growth
or non-neoplastic abnormality. It lacks a well-defined capsule or glandular architecture
. Thyroid nodules are often benign but can be malignant. The growth
of nodules can lead
to a multinodular goiter (goiter, nodular
palpable thyroid nodule
thyroid glands Thyroid Nodules
Benign thyroid nodule
Benign thyroid nodules:
the Thyroid Nodule in the
Benign thyroid nodule
5-10% of thyroid nodules
Diagnosis and therapies
Thyroid nodule, Laser ablation of thyroid nodules, Nodule (geology), Milker's nodule, Pseudoverrucous papules and nodules, Bohn's nodules, Nodule (medicine), Henry Turner (endocrinologist), Simon focus, Fine-needle aspiration
- Reported cases - Summary of cases reported on this disease.
- Related terms - Look for sites, images, videos, news and articles about related terms.
- SearchMedica - Professional Medical Search.
- WHO - World Health Organization.
- PubMed - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- MEDLINE - Literature from the National Library of Medicine.
- MeSH - Medical Subject Headings.
- DeCS - Health Sciences Descriptors.
Comments on "Thyroid Nodule"
I have a swelling of thyroid right nodule. I have attached FNAC and ultrasound reports. Doctor advised to undergo surgery, but I want to know is there any treatmeant in homeopathy. pls advise me.
- I have had 3 US . latest US shows 3 nodules are hypoechoic & they are vascular . largest is 10mm . Also enlarged lymph nodes . should they be biopsied ? (+)
- I'm 24 y/o female, diagnosed with Hashimoto's at age 6. My paternal grandmother had Graves, and my father has it as well. I have been on synthroid since diagnosis. Recently, my goiter was feeling large, making it difficult to breathe and swallow. My PCP up... (+)
- I have been diagnosed with a Hypo echoic nodule 6.6 mm in my right upper lobe. I have had hypothyroid symptoms but blood work is normal. I am hoarse and a fullness feeling in my throat, and I easily become short of breath. I am scared and have been waiting... (+)
- During a MRI study, they found a soft tissue mass extending inferiorly from the thyroid gland into the mediastinum. The mass was 2.1 by 1.8. Can someone please explain to me what that means. I do need help with this. (+)
- Dear Sir,
There are two small hypoechoic nodule one in the left lobe and one in right lobe in my neck. TSH result is normal. Anything to get worry? (+)
- help....i am really scared...i just had a baby 6 weeks ago, and had some complications after delivery..a ct scan and ultrasound was done and a multinodular goiter was discovered...one of nodules is over 5cm....i managed to see an endo doc very quickly due ... (+)
- I"ve had a thryoid nodule on my left thyroid for years. Its growing but really not causing issues. I had an ultrasound and they discovered a new one on my right side now. Plus they left side one is still growing. What does this mean? surgery? (+)
Leave a message or picture about "Thyroid Nodule" or enter the forum